Date: Thursday – March 1, 2012
Location: Advanced Technology Labs – ATL (Building 007)
Time: 11:00 – 12:10pm
Title: ZYNGA: An amazing place to work and create
Presenters: Yoni Lateiner, Matt Kraft, and John Vu
Abstract: Exciting opportunities at the social gaming leader. Representatives from Zynga will be on campus to talk about the work, culture and fun that takes place every day. If you have ever wondered if you could have a career making games, this is your chance to find out how!
Note: Consider bringing your resume! Summer internships and full time positions are available
The presentation is co-sponsored by:
ACM, WISH, Game Development student clubs
See the flyer here.
The rest of the officers and I are excited to see you all again and have been talking about things to come. This year is going to be great!
Come visit us during the WoW Block Party in a couple weeks and we’d love to talk to you!
We are looking to have more Game Jam-like events and more focus on getting you guys to MAKE GAMES together!
Hope to see you soon,
We have had some pretty cool ideas come through our club since we started this quarter. Many of our members and officers will be solidifying those ideas at our Pitch Night tonight at 6pm! If you are interested in joining a team, tonight is your chance to see some of the ideas that are going to be made into actual games. Better yet, if you have an idea you want to show off, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can put you in the schedule!
- Location: bldg 3, room 114
- Time: 6-7:30pm
- Date: Friday, October 22nd
See you all there!
We had an amazing turnout for our first meeting. Over fifty interested students joined us for fun activities, discussions, and otter pops! Despite the heat, the participants stuck it out until the end!
You can check out the presentation by following this link. Here is a recap of some of the important announcements that were brought up:
Please remember, fill out the doodle form by tomorrow night if you want your time taken into account
- Meeting Time: Put your availability into DOODLE so we can decide on a good meeting time.
- Raffle: Members who join us for meetings or activities will receive raffle tickets (achievements) that will take part in our raffles throughout the year.
- CWS: Chris, a representative for an independent game company called CWS talked about work opportunities. For more information, contact him at email@example.com.
- Game Dev Opportunity: Eric Fong is looking for students interested in working on a month-long game project starting in october. For more information contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: We have a new facebook page here: www.cpgd.org/fb (small redirect link.) Events will be posted on our FB page so we have an idea of how many students to expect, so we encourage you to join!
Posted in Blog
Tagged cpgd, meeting, recap
Just a quick reminder (if you haven’t checked your e-mail or are not subscribed to our newsletter) we are going to hold our first meeting of the year tonight, September 27th at 6pm. Details listed below:
Time/Date: September 27th @ 6-8pm
Location: Building 53, Rm 215
- Meet the Officers
- Meet a Local Game Company (CWS)
- Free Pizza and Otter Pops!
Check out our facebook page, where an event is posted! http://www.cpgd.org/fb
We had a great turnout on Sunday (September 19th.) A great amount of interest was shown, and over 99 people signed up for our newsletter! Below are a few photos taken during the club showcase.
Posted in Blog